HYLC Parent Meeting-Girls
1) Introduction of Coaches:
Kindergarten Clinic: Recruiting Now for Coaches and Parents
U8: Marisa Edmund, Jack McDermott, Mark Rhoades assisted by Bridgett Mullins, Jen
U10: Kathy Bayer, Pam Marthins, Lauren Farrell assisted by Jeremy Hamblin, Chris
McFadden, Lori Kadar, Mark Rhoades
U12: Colleen Rocks-Slotman, Courtney Stewart, Claudia Bennett assisted by Jill Bushnell,
Pam Marthins, William Waddington, Kim Kirwan
U14: Jessica Blake, Paige Ennis assisted by Jen Rybacki and Bob Landrum
Girls Trainer: Dianne Eberl
2) Review Mission/Goals Vision: To make lacrosse available to both youth girls and boys in Haddonfield,
New Jersey through a well-organized team of coaches, parents and players.
Mission: To strengthen/teach girls lacrosse skills through an organized youth lacrosse program in
Haddonfield. This includes development and coordination of teams, field space, equipment and other
essential elements. The Haddonfield Youth Lacrosse Club will also serve as a feed program to our High
3) Review NJ Code of Conduct
4) Practice starts week of 2/27 for U12, U14 and 3/6 for U8 & U10 Practice Schedule and Fields (based on field availability)-this is proposed and not set-this may change as we get closer to the season. Practices start between 5/ 5:30 / 6
K Clinic – M/W - Lizzie
U8 - Lizzie – Tues/Thurs (we alternate with the boys on this field)
U10 - Tatem – Wed/Fri
U12 – Tatem – Tues/Thurs
U14– Crows Woods/ HS Turf - Mon/Fri; Weds for U14A; Turf possible
5) Game Schedule – Round Robin Format
U8 Saturday 9-Noon – home games at Tatem or possibly Lizzie H. - TBD
U10 Sunday 3-6pm – home games at Anniversary or Tatem
U12 Sunday 12-3pm – home games at HMHS Turf or Scout
U14 Sunday 12-3pm - home games at HMHS Turf or Scout
6) Evaluations for ONLY U12 and U14 will occur on Sun, 3/5 from 2-5PM More information about
evaluations and how the teams might be split up will be forthcoming from the coaching staff as we wrap
up final registration numbers. Jessica Blake and the high school coaches will manage the evaluation
7) Games to start: 10U, 12U, and 14U games start Sunday, March 26 th . 8U games will start Saturday, April 8 th .
8) Tournaments: May 20 -Moorestown- 1 team 5/6 th and 1 team 7/8 th ; End of Year Tournament for all
players U8 and over 6/4 (end of season).
9) Equipment packages from Her Sport – 299 Haddonfield-Berlin Rd, Cherry Hill
10) Uniforms- all changes need to be made in your account, please make any final size changes by Jan 22, 2017 so we can place orders. You can go to HerSport to try on sizes.
11) HYLC clinic started and is going well
12) Parent Questions and Feedback
**Remember the point is for the girls to develop a love of the game and have fun!
o Looking for parent volunteers to help team with snacks and other items needed
o Please continue to be patient as we juggle field space for practices
o Keep in contact with your coach concerning any practices that will be missed
o Let us know of any problems, concerns or questions – I receive the emails sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org and will respond as quickly as possible.